Emily C. Ward
John D. "Randy" Dalbey
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 233-4171
Fax: (404) 261-2842
Emily Ward focuses on civil and criminal litigation including healthcare and commercial litigation, white collar defense, and administrative and regulatory matters. Emily graduated from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2013 where she was active in Moot Court and Women Law Students Association. Emily won several awards while at UGA including Best Oralist at the Emory Civil Rights and Liberties Competition, Outstanding Graduate from the National Organization for Women, and Outstanding Service and Leadership Award from the UGA Moot Court Society.
Prior to joining Chilivis Cochran Larkins & Bever, LLP, Emily practiced at Carlock Copeland & Stair, LLP in the areas of medical malpractice and general civil and commercial litigation. Emily holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Miami where she finished magna cum laude and was a Rhodes Scholarship National Semi-Finalist.
- Successful representation of Smith, Gambrell & Russell in a 2017 arbitration against Cousins Properties stopping the installation of “building signature signs” on the Promenade in Midtown Atlanta. Smith, Gambrell & Russell sought enforcement of its Lease against the Landlord who proposed to allow another, smaller tenant, to install “building signature signs” with its logo at the top of the Promenade.
- Successfully defended doctors and nurses accused of being deliberately indifferent to inmates’ healthcare needs. The plaintiff was convinced to dismiss the case with prejudice against all parties.
- Successfully defended a certified nursing assistant charged with neglect of a patient by convincing judge no neglect had occurred.
- Successful representation of numerous nurses and dentists in state medical and dental board investigations resulting in no disciplinary actions.
- Successful representation of multiple businesses and non-profits cited for business license violations. In each case business licenses were reinstated and all licenses were brought into compliance with city regulations, and all ancillary employee charges were dropped.
Areas of Practice
- Health Law
- Civil Litigation
- Georgia, 2013
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2013
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2016
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2018
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- University of Miami, Miami Florida
B.A., Music, magna cum laude, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 2013 to Present
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Atlanta Bar Association Women in the Profession Section, Board Member, 2016 to Present
- Blue Ridge Chamber Music Festival, Board Member, 2016 to Present